Fwd: [Histonet] Eosinophil stains for mouse tissue

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 09:49:27 CST 2003

Judi,
         Recently this has been the bane of my life, eosinophils in mouse
tissue. Name it and I've tried it. Carbol chromotrope, lovely on other
species. Various combinations of eosin, strong, weak, long staining, short
staining. Luna's eosinophil granule stain, biebrich scarlet. For me, the
best technique by far for mouse tissue is, Sirius Red (Llewellyn,B.D. 1970.
J. Med. Technol. 27. 308-309). Works a treat every time. All it needs is a
light Haematoxylin and you have lovely stain. I would try immuno but I'm
having a bit of bother finding an antibody, anybody suggest a source?
Ian.

>Hi everyone,
>
>We are looking for a stain which will emphasize the eosinophils in mouse
>heart and lung tissue.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Judi Ford
>Jackson Laboratory
>Bar Harbor, ME

Dr. Ian Montgomery,
Histotechnology,
Graham Kerr Building,
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences,
University of Glasgow,
Glasgow,
G12 8QQ.
Tel: 0141 339 8855