[UTSW-Sports-Journal-Club] Sports Medicine Journal Club - July 11, 2018 - Reminder to RSVP

Marquita Sparks Marquita.Sparks at UTSouthwestern.edu
Mon Jul 9 07:31:26 CDT 2018

Good morning, I have received very few RSVP's for the journal club this Wednesday, July 11....probably due to the holiday last week.

Please let me know by end of day today if you plan to attend.

Thank you,
Marquita Sparks

From: Marquita Sparks
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 8:12 AM
To: 'Utsw-sports-journal-club at lists.utsouthwestern.edu' <Utsw-sports-journal-club at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Sports Medicine Journal Club - July 11, 2018

The next Sports Medicine Journal Club will be on Wednesday, July 11th from 5:30-7 pm in WA4.102 (fourth floor conference room of the Outpatient Building at 1801 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX) focused on rotator cuff injuries.

We will be covering the following articles:

1. Keener et al. A prospective evaluation of survivorship of asymptomatic degenerative rotator cuff tears. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015;97(2):89-98.
2. Piper et al. Operative versus nonoperative treatment for the management of full-thickness rotator cuff tears: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Bone Joint Surg. 2018;27(3):572-576.
3) Boorman RS et al. What happens to patients when we do not repair their cuff tears? Five-year rotator cuff quality-of-life index outcomes following nonoperative treatment of patients with full-thickness rotator cuff tears. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2018; 27: 444-448.

We are in need of one volunteer to present the Boorman article above. Please email Dr. Ramey (lindsay.ramey at utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:lindsay.ramey at utsouthwestern.edu>) if you are able to present.

Dinner will be provided.  Please rsvp to me Marquita.sparks at utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:Marquita.sparks at utsouthwestern.edu> by end of day Monday, July 9.

Thank you,

Marquita Sparks
Sr. Admin Assistant to
Drs. Finnegan, Khazzam, Shah, Golden & McCrum
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Phone 214-645-3341
Fax 214-645-3340