[UTSW-Sports-Journal-Club] Sports Medicine Journal Club - July 11, 2018

Marquita Sparks Marquita.Sparks at UTSouthwestern.edu
Mon Jul 2 08:11:38 CDT 2018

The next Sports Medicine Journal Club will be on Wednesday, July 11th from 5:30-7 pm in WA4.102 (fourth floor conference room of the Outpatient Building at 1801 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX) focused on rotator cuff injuries.

We will be covering the following articles:

1. Keener et al. A prospective evaluation of survivorship of asymptomatic degenerative rotator cuff tears. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015;97(2):89-98.
2. Piper et al. Operative versus nonoperative treatment for the management of full-thickness rotator cuff tears: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Bone Joint Surg. 2018;27(3):572-576.
3) Boorman RS et al. What happens to patients when we do not repair their cuff tears? Five-year rotator cuff quality-of-life index outcomes following nonoperative treatment of patients with full-thickness rotator cuff tears. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 2018; 27: 444-448.

We are in need of one volunteer to present the Boorman article above. Please email Dr. Ramey (lindsay.ramey at utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:lindsay.ramey at utsouthwestern.edu>) if you are able to present.

Dinner will be provided.  Please rsvp to me Marquita.sparks at utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:Marquita.sparks at utsouthwestern.edu> by end of day Monday, July 9.

Thank you,

Marquita Sparks
Sr. Admin Assistant to
Drs. Finnegan, Khazzam, Shah, Golden & McCrum
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Phone 214-645-3341
Fax 214-645-3340