[Research-Admin] Notice regarding upcoming NIH delays
research-administration at lists.utsouthwestern.edu
research-administration <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Wed Apr 29 13:31:04 CDT 2015
[Please do not reply via email to this courtesy message.]
Dear Research Community,
On Friday, April 10, 2015 a notice was sent out in the NIH Guide, Notice of Potential Delays to NIH Issuing Awards in May 2015 (NOT-OD-15-088)<http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-088.html> National Institutes of Health.
This Notice is to inform NIH applicants and grantees that NIH's ability to issue competing and non-competing awards will be delayed for two weeks from May 19, 2015 until June 3, 2015.
During this time, a series of software upgrades will be made to NIH accounting and business systems that have wide-reaching impacts across the NIH. These also connect to NIH grant-making systems, and while every effort will be made to minimize the expected downtime, it may take up to two weeks to complete all the work.
How this could affect you:
* No new or revised Notices of Award will be issued, regardless of grant type (e.g., New Type 1 awards, Non-competing Type 5 awards, Type 7 Transfer awards, etc).
* No establishment or changes of EINs (Employer Identification Numbers) used to pay awards will be made.
* No processing of No-Cost Extensions (NCE) of the final budget period. Please submit all NCE requests for awards with a May 31 end date by May 1, 2015. Although the Payment Management System will remain available for drawing down funds, NIH records will not be updated during the downtime.
* No processing of Fellowship Activations. Although xTrain will remain available for institutions submitting activation forms, NIH records will not be updated during the downtime.
Extramural research activities that NIH does not expect to be impacted by the outage:
* Draw down of funds on existing awards from the Payment Management System
* Submission and review of new applications through Grants.gov
Additionally, eRA systems will be performing a software upgrade on Saturday, May 23, 2015. During this eRA downtime expected to last up to 12 hours, the following functions will not be available, but they will return and remain available throughout the rest of the two-week upgrade period.
* Submissions to eRA Commons (e.g., Submission of Research Performance Progress Reports, Federal Financial Reports, Just-in-Time documents, institutional registrations, and other items submitted through eRA Commons.
* Submission of new applications through ASSIST
If you have questions or need clarification on this notice, please contact your Specialist or SPA Outreach.
AVP for Sponsored Programs Administration
The future of medicine, today.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Research-Administration