[Histonet] News article and journal publications' "35 years after CLIA'88 Insights and Policy Implications"

Jaime N jaime.nietosierra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 11:56:54 CDT 2024

Hi all,

I posted this on the histology professionals Facebook group but I also
wanted to share with you all!

I am delighted to share that there was a featured story in Yahoo Business
News that talks about this Public Library of Science “PLoS ONE” Journal of
Medicine study. The title is "35 years After CLIA 1988: Key Insights and
Policy Implications Among Laboratory Professionals".

After the final piece of my doctoral journey was published last year in
ProQuest, titled “No Treatment Without a Diagnosis: Government Regulatory
Exclusion Influence on Employees' Work Environment, Behaviors, Attitude,
and Engagement”, this new open access publication explores the lasting
impact of government regulatory policies on the lives of professionals
affected by them. This paper outlines the inadvertent consequences creating
a divide amongst healthcare professionals, influencing their sense of
Identity and Justice.

This is the link to the Yahoo finance news piece:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/35-old-clia-regulations-continue-125300136.html

*Article link: *Nieto Sierra JA, Gefen D (2024) 35 years after CLIA 1988:
Key insights and policy implications among laboratory professionals. PLoS
ONE 19(9): e0311251. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0311251

 Or you can also see a link to the full article at the NIH (National
Library of Medicine) here https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/39331657/

This is the other article published on ProQuest in 2023.

https://www.proquest.com/openview/1cc1d1d2306d74916cb9aac1eccc541a/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750&diss=y

Best regards,

Dr. Jaime A Nieto Sierra, DBA, MHA, HTL(ASCP) CM QIHC CM
GSAA Area Director Clinical Lab and Pathology Services
Kaiser Foundation Hospitals Northern
Email jaime.nietosierra at gmail.com