[Histonet] LDT's Regulatiions by the FDA

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:45:25 CDT 2024

Can I ask you to provide an example of a laboratory developed test?  So
we're all on the same page.
A test that you are not buying from a vendor, but just a totally in house
protocol, reagents, etc?
Using a vendor's test kit off label?
Would a simple special stain like a PAS qualify as a LDT if you are making
your own reagents and using the AFIP manual for a protocol?
If you, for instance, tweak your PAMS impregnation time because one
pathologist likes his a little darker, is that an LDT?

Sincerely,

Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)