[Histonet] Causes of false positive Congo Red

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:31:50 CDT 2024

Good day John,
Very nice to hear from you again! I have been consulting your textbook in
my investigations!
Sorry about the brevity of the description of our method. I felt like my
post was already too long
and it might scare off some would-be contributors! :-) And yes, I
incorrectly referred to the dichroic green as "fluorescent"-thank you.

Our method follows the Puchtler method described on pages 132-3 in Frieda
Carson's "Self-Instructional" textbook (1990) as does
the hospital that repeated our false-positive Congo Reds. Note, once we
re-made our reagents, our results returned to accurate staining.
Greg