[Histonet] Wax in hallways

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:41:18 CDT 2024

Fill an industrial mop bucket with xylene and go to town! JK ;)

Scrape it, but try doubling up your sticky mat placement.  Not just
doorways, but around your embedding center, a perimeter around your
microtomy area, etc.  Sticky mats are cheap, tech time is expensive.  Make
sure your histotechs are cleaning their cutting areas every day, especially
scraping and sweeping the floor in their area.  It only takes a minute a
day per tech if you keep after it.  Assign it like any other task and make
sure it's done every day.

Paraffin on floors is gross.  That's not just wax buildup, it's people.

Sincerely,

Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)