[Histonet] NBF usage in the world

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:53:09 CDT 2024

I would say that's a true statement.  There are some labs that use formalin
substitutes, but they are rare.  I would guess 95% of labs use 10% NBF.
Xylene substitute use is more common.  Nobody uses B-5 anymore, as far as I
know.  Don't think you can still even buy the stuff.  You could make your
own, but why?

Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)