[Histonet] Tissue falling off slides

Foshey, Annette afoshey at mcw.edu
Tue Jan 30 14:14:20 CST 2024

I work with whole mount prostate blocks that I cut and stain for IHC manually. I use superfrost plus slides that I purchase from the Brain Research Laboratories. I airdry the slides after sectioning and then they are placed in a rack and dried in a 60 degree oven overnight.  On some of the slides the tissue still lifts off the slides usually it is where there is tumor.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
Annette Foshey, HT
Histology Technologist, Precision Medicine Laboratory (PML)
Phone: (414) 955-7537 | E-mail: afoshey at mcw.edu<mailto:afoshey at mcw.edu>
Medical College of Wisconsin | 8701 W Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226