[Histonet] Antibody dilution help

Paula Sicurello patpxs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 10:12:34 CDT 2024

Charles,
The easiet way to remember it is this:  you want a 1:100 dilution - so you want 1 part antibody in 100 parts of diluent.  I was taught that meant add 1 part antibody to 100 parts of diluent.  However, there are some who add 1 part anitbody to 99 parts diluent.Thus you end up with 1 part antibody in 100 parts total.
Some folks read 1:100 as 1 part in 100, some folks read it as add 1 part to 99 to make 100 parts.
confused yet?
 I found this

Let's see what others have to say.
Sincerely,