[Histonet] Tissue Processor Schedule Validations

Paula Sicurello patpxs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:29:35 CDT 2023

The one thing that bothers me about the preloaded programs is the paraffin temperature is set at 65 degrees C.  That's close to 10 degrees higher than the melting point of our paraffin.
Does anyone know why the temp. is so high?  To me, a temp that high will cause problems with IHC and small biopsies.
Has anyone changed it?  Or do folks go along with it just because it's already there?
I inherited that temp, to change it now would be pain since it is the one we use the most.  If I validated our current Peloris 3, I would have set the wax temperatures at 60 degrees.
Sincerely,
Paula Sicurello