[Histonet] ISH decal specimens

Val Tolley vtolley25 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:08:25 CDT 2023

Hi Kendra-

Decal Stat from Statlab is HCl based, therefore is not appropriate for subsequent IHC, ISH, or other molecular studies.  There is lots of peer-reviewed published data, if you need to supply rationale to your pathologists.  HCl is known to significantly reduce molecular assay sensitivity and cause false negatives.

Switch to either a formic-acid based decal (such as Immunocal) or EDTA-based decal and re-optimize your assay(s).

Val Tolley, HTL (ASCP), QIHC