[Histonet] Losing sections

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Fri Jun 16 12:56:02 CDT 2023

I may have an answer for you.  Your Prisma stainer only runs the heater when needed.  With full runs, the oven stays warm, but later stain runs allow for the heater to cool down.  When your rack goes into the dry station, the heat comes up from the bottom to start to dry the slide, thus the bottom sections have enough dry time, but the top don't, and they wash off.
We used to encounter the same problem and that is what we hypothesized was happening, because, when we ran a blank rack through 10 minutes before loading the late rack, we were fine. Or, when we dried in a 60'C oven for 15 minutes when loading that lone late rack, we were fine.
Just an idea, but for us, no more wash offs of top sections.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
HNL Laboratories for
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike