[Histonet] Peroxidase stain on peripheral smears

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Mon Jun 12 23:46:26 CDT 2023

What is the Kaplow method? I can't find it in textbooks. A quick Google search brings up only junk papers indicating that a Kaplov method may use carcinogenic benzidine (with wrong spelling) as the chromogen.
There are simple, safe and inexpensive methods for histochemical localization of sites of peroxidase activity.in tissue sections or smears of cells. Buy a textbook for about $50, read it, and save your lab a fortune in buying special kits for very simple routine histochemical jobs.

My ten cents-worth. June 2023
John Kiernan
J. A. Kiernan MB, ChB, PhD, DSc
Professor Emeritus, Anatomy & Cell Biology
University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/anatomy/people/bios/emeriti/kiernan_john.html
Also  Secretary, Biological Stain Commission, Inc.
https://biologicalstaincommission.org
= = =