[Histonet] Prostate biopsy-water logged popping /lost at cutting?

Mona Amin monaamin1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:35:32 CDT 2023

Hi everyone,

We had a case of prostate core biopsies total 12 blocks

First 2 block cut fine and when cutter touched third block lost the core
completely. The blocks were on ice face down no longer than 20 mins once
faced.
The other blocks looked like they were popping out and were taken for
re-embedding and then sectioned.

Thoughts if this popping out could be because of
1- too much time in water
2- processing issue
3-condesnsation issue from cold plate

Generally too we see popping of our biopsies but with this case it was
worst.
Any help/experiences shared will be greatly appreciated as we try to
resolve the root cause.

Thank you everyone in advance.