[Histonet] Leica H&E 600

Willis, Donna G Donna.Willis at BSWHealth.org
Wed Aug 23 07:53:06 CDT 2023

Good Morning Beth,
The HE600 is a Roche product.  The slides are stained flat with reagents being applied to each slide individually instead of batch staining like other instruments.  This allows you to get the same staining quality on EACH slide.   We have used the instrument in our lab since 2005 and got a second unit when we moved into a larger location 2 years ago.  Coverslips are removed by apply heat from a hot plate and we have no issues with the hematoxylin if we remove a coverslip.  We rarely have issues with coverslips that we need to remove one.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Donna Willis HT/HTL (ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Baylor Scott&White Health
Baylor University Medical Center
3500 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75246
214-820-2465 office
214-725-6184 cell

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Neil, Beth via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 7:27 AM
To: Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: {EXTERNAL} [Histonet] Leica H&E 600

CAUTION:  This email originated outside of BSWH. The actual sender is  (histonet-bounces at lists.utsouthwestern.edu) which may be different from the display address in the From: field. Avoid action unless you know the content is safe. Report suspicious emails using the PhishAlarm button located in your Outlook ribbon.

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone with experience using the Leica H&E 600. I recently attended a demo of the unit and we are still hung up on the large slide tray it uses instead of the traditional slide racks.   I also spoke with another user who indicated that if you need to re-coverslip a slide it is very difficult to remove the existing coverslip and when you do the hematoxylin is removed from the stain ???  We already know we will need two units to handle our workload of approximately 900 H&E.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Beth O'Neil
beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org<mailto:beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org>
West Virginia University, JW Ruby Memorial Hospital Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.