[Histonet] Pathology Competency

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Mon Sep 26 12:15:37 CDT 2022

Besides the GYN reviews, we use our CAP surveys and circulate the ER/PR, Her2, CD20, Ki-67, and MMR panel between all pathologists for a blind read.  The original survey is reported in rotation, then all other pathologists are given blank copies of the answer sheet and asked to fill it out.  Then a comparison is made and the results reported, reconciled, and discussed and through the quarterly departmental QA meeting.  This was suggested to me by CAP to meet their requirements.  Additionally, the pathologists participate in others such as PIP, Non-Gyn Cyt, FNA-G, and of course, MK. I hope that helps.  Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
HNL Laboratories for
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Ph: 215-938-3689
Fax: 215-938-3874
          Honesty
AccouNtability
    AgiLity
    CoLlaboration
  CoMpassion

Today's Topics:

   1. pathologist competency (Nancy Schmitt)
   2. Re: pathologist competency (Michelle Bell)

Message: 1