[Histonet] cd138 (Paula)

Katy Milne kmilne at bccrc.ca
Thu Oct 27 12:40:00 CDT 2022

Hi Paula,

You may be fighting biology there as CD138 (syndecan-1) can also be expressed by stroma cells in certain situations (ie reactive stroma).  In some cases you can see it in the epi too. That's the main reason we switched to a combo of CD20 and CD79 for looking at plasma cells.  The PCs in theory should be CD20-CD79a+ while the B cells can express both.

Katy