[Histonet] Cassette printers

Cooper, Brian bcooper at chla.usc.edu
Wed Dec 28 12:58:36 CST 2022

Good Morning Paula,

All I've ever used is the Leica IPC Cassette printer across my last few institutions.  They are absolute workhorses; printing is fast and beautiful and the maintenance is really easy.  The only downsides I can think of is that the IPC has a large footprint, and the ink is really pricey.  You're supposed to change the cartridge every 3.5 months or 60,000 prints or so.  We never hit that volume so we're always throwing away ink!

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CMQIHCCM| Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357
bcooper at chla.usc.edu