[Histonet] Conferences 2023

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Fri Dec 9 00:15:22 CST 2022

The 2023 meeting of the Biological Stain Commission, marking the organization's 100th anniversary, will be held in Rochester, NY, USA in June 2023. Probably on Friday June 9th. There will be invited presentations and poster sessions. Details are not yet available but should appear on the Commission's web site at some time in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on https://biostain.com.

On the BSC web site you can also see what was presented at about 20 earlier BSC meetings (at https://biologicalstaincommission.org/category/annual-meetings/).

The BSC web site also has many other links useful to histotechnologists, notably a Glossary and a variety of What's New? items, with conspicuous links on the Home page. The glossary comes up as the top item if you type stain glossary (or similar) into Google.

I can see, Lisa, that you won't be travelling from Australia to the USA for a one-day meeting!   Your Histonet query has provided an opportunity to advertise the BSC's forthcoming centennial celebration. The availability of BSC-Certified stains (about 60 dyes, as powders) underlies the validity of much medical and other biological research and of all routine staining done in pathology labs with bought pre-made dye solutions.

Beware of fake "certified" or similarly named stains sold perhaps from China and India and marketed in Europe and the Americas.  These do not carry the BSC's small and difficult-to-forge bottle label, which subtly indicates the history of every truly certified stain.

John Kiernan
https://biologicalstaincommission.org/category/news-about-dyes-and-stains/
= = =
I am a grossing supervisor from Australia and am wishing to attend an international conference in 2023. Can anyone tell me what conferences are being held in 2023?

Kind Regards

Lisa Whitham