[Histonet] Glass Slide QC and Control Tissue Procurement

Pfefferle, Katrina kpfefferle at carisls.com
Tue Sep 28 20:07:21 CDT 2021

Hello fellow histotechnologists!  I was wondering if any of you might have some advice or information on the following two subjects:

  *   Glass slide QC (plus (+) slides used for IHC) - do any of you have a QC process for these that may differ from just running IHC on a small sample group from a shipment of slides, such as performing any kind of electron microscopy or other analyses to determine if the coating on the slides is consistent and adequate?

  *   Control Tissue Procurement-I know many of you may be in your own surgical pathology labs where you have access to extra surgical tissue that you processed in house to use for constructing IHC controls.  For those of you that do not-do you purchase any control tissue elsewhere?  Do any of your labs work with other labs in a type of supplier/client capacity to procure viable tissue controls that include well known and documented pre-analytics?

Any info you may have is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Katrina Pfefferle, MB, HTL (ASCP) QIHC and ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
Supervisor-Quality Control
Caris Life Sciences
Email: kpfefferle at carisls.com<mailto:kpfefferle at carisls.com>