[Histonet] Frozen tissue from Immunofluorescence

O'Neil, Beth A. beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org
Fri Sep 10 09:09:19 CDT 2021

Would anyone be willing to share with me what you do with residual frozen tissue from immunofluorescence testing or frozen tissue remaining from muscle biopsy?  CAP requirements only address what you do with residual frozen tissue remaining from intraoperative consultations.  We keep the frozen tissue from IF in our -70 C freezer and then periodically dispose of the oldest cases in order to make room for the newer.  Does anyone out there actually take the frozen tissue, after a certain period of time, thaw it out and then process into a FFPE block for storage?

Beth ONeil
beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org<mailto:beth.oneil1 at wvumedicine.org>