[Histonet] Antibody diluent

Lindrud, Scott Scott.Lindrud at carrishealth.com
Thu Mar 25 07:30:25 CDT 2021

What is everyone's take on what needs to be done from a verification/validation standpoint if you switch diluents for your concentrated antibodies?  The CAP summary of recommendations on the validation IHC antibodies doesn't specifically mention the changing of diluent as one of the variables.

If I change the diluent on my ER and Her2 concentrates, do I need to do a complete re-validation or just a quick verification using a few positive and negative cases?  I'm not really liking the idea of a complete re-validation!

Thanks for any info!

Scott

Scott A. Lindrud, MLSCM(ASCP)CTCM  | Histopathology Technical Specalist/Cytotechnologist

P: 320-231-4520
F: 320-231-4503
scott.lindrud at carrishealth.com

Rice Memorial Hospital