[Histonet] frozen section problem

Bonello Dorianne M at Health-MDH dorianne.m.bonello at gov.mt
Fri Jul 16 10:25:08 CDT 2021

Dear all,

We are experiencing freezing artifacts on our frozen sections. Basically, we are seeing cavity-like structures under the microscope, mostly elongated, especially when it's a frozen section on brain tissue. This is most probably happening due to ice crystal formation. We're not using cryospray, relying only on the cryobar boost function.

Does anyone has a solution to this problem please?

Regards,

Dorianne Bonello
Allied Health Practitioner (MLS)
Histology Laboratory - Pathology
Health-Mater Dei Hospital

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D67184.63288530]

T +356 +356 25456434

E dorianne.m.bonello at gov.mt

Mater Dei Hospital, Triq id-Donaturi tad-Demm, l-Imsida, Malta MSD 2090 | Tel +356 2545 0000 | https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/en/MDH/Pages/Home.aspx<https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/en/MDH/Pages/Home.aspx> | https://www.facebook.com/materdeihospital/

Think before you print. Kindly consider your environmental responsibility.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and intended solely

for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.