[Histonet] water under sectios

Bernice Frederick b-frederick at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 22 11:15:40 CST 2021

Good morning (well, in Chicago anyway)
We've recently been having issues with water under the sections when picked up from the waterbath. It seems to even affect the sections during antigen retrieval after removing excess water, drying and baking I was given a block from an outside source that I know is a different paraffin and there was no water to be seen. Same person,same techniques. Can paraffin play a part? Or is the processing throwing this off. We run various programs and it seems to happen with almost everything. TMA"s in particular, as cores get lost during retrieval.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick
Pathology Core Facility
Robert H. Lurie Cancer Center