[Histonet] Pre-made chrome alum slides source?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 8 17:48:28 CST 2021

Our source for pre-made chrome alum-subbed  slides does not exist anymore. Does anyone know of a company that produces these?

(American Master Tech had them but when StatLab bought them they discontinued the chrome alum slides)

We used these for EM thick sections because they hold a water drop in place, not allowing it to spread out as other adhesion slides do.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center