[Histonet] formalin disposal

Townsend, Suzanne stownsend at nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Feb 26 12:16:54 CST 2021

I am at a small lab where we discard of our own formalin. We use 10% NBF and neutralize using Vytac. I had been using a residual aldehyde test that was discontinued. I ordered a new test kit, but am not thrilled... What do you all do to test neutralized formalin prior to disposal?

Thanks, Suzanne
stownsend at nmda.nmsu.edu

Confidentiality Notice: New Mexico has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees are public records. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure. This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act.