[Histonet] Validation of new G2 Coverslipper

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:30:54 CST 2021

Good Morning Histo Peeps:

We just purchased a new Sakura G2 Coverslipper for our IHC Lab.  The engineer will be coming Monday to make sure all adjustments are in alignment and fine tune anything which might have gotten out of alignment due to shipping.

I have never validated a new Coverslipper in any of the labs I have managed.  I searched the internet and was not able to find any information or instructions pertaining to Coverslipper Validation.  I am of course going to run several test slides prior to running any actual cases on it.  I will instruct my staff to date and provide test information on the slides to accompany the paperwork Sakura provides for the set-up of the equipment, but I am not sure that will be sufficient.

Since we our a research facility, my IHC Director does not feel we need to validate our new Coverslipper to comply to GLP.  I just want to make sure for my own assurance.  I would greatly appreciate any guidelines for validation you may want to share with me.

Best Regards,
Akemi

Eileen (Akemi) Allison, BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)
IHC Manager
HistoTox Labs, Inc.
2108 55th St. Suite 120
Boulder, CO 80301