[Histonet] How To Store Fresh Frozen Tissue Over a Weekend

Christie Saunders Csaunders at ohioskin.com
Mon Dec 27 07:02:53 CST 2021

Hello,

I may have a silly question, but I truly do not know the answer to this question. I work in a MOHs lab and need to know if there's a particular way to store unprocessed tissue in a fridge or freezer in some way (without using a cryo-freezer). Can saline solution or PBS work and then process that tissue on a Monday if they were collected on a Friday? Please help.

Thanks,

Christie Saunders MLS(ASCP)CMQIHC
MOHS Histotechnician

Ohio Skin Center
999 Brubaker Dr. Suite 3
Dayton, OH 45429
(937)668-9850

*Privacy notice:*

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this e-mail. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of
the parties to it, any copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted
to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

E-mail is NOT considered secure. By choosing to communicate with Ohio Skin Center,
by e-mail, you will assume the risk of a confidentiality
breach. Please do not rely on e-mail communication if you or a family
member is injured or is experiencing a sudden change in health status. If
you need emergency attention, call 911.