[Histonet] release of body parts

Nancy Schmitt Nancy.Schmitt at mercyhealth.com
Wed Aug 18 11:33:20 CDT 2021

Hello-
We are seeing a bit more of patients that are requesting to take their body parts with them (uterus, POC, etc); I am talking home  - not the funeral home.
Are you using a release of body parts form to fill out with the patient?
Are you draining off the formalin, or sending in formalin with parafilm around the lid?
Thank you for your thoughts,
Nancy Schmitt MLT, HT(ASCP)
Pathology Support Services
Dubuque, IA  52001

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.