[Histonet] Tape Transfer Methods For Cryosectioned Brains

Patpxs patpxs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 22:27:35 CDT 2021

Hi Heather,

I can see why you’re having trouble. 30 micron sections are inherently unstable.  Like paraffin, the thicker a section is the more difficult it is to cut.  Plus since your practice samples are old they tend to be more brittle.

Try cutting at 5 microns and see what happens. Remember to let the samples warm up in the cryostat if they have been stored at -70 or -80 degrees.  If they are too cold they are brittle too.

I have not tried the tape method.  We just place the sections directly on the slide.

Paula

Sent from my iPhone