[Histonet] Microtome Suggestions/Demos

Charles Riley criley at dpspa.com
Wed Sep 30 12:45:25 CDT 2020

My company is seeking thoughts on new microtomes to purchase.  We have demoed a Sakura and Leica HistoCore BioCut but would like to test out at least 1/2 more options before deciding on where to proceed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on microtomes that are good for both experienced tech and new graduates?

We are also specifically searching for microtomes that have the capability to reverse the advance wheel directions (i.e spinning away from the body moves the block holder backwards but can be changed to do the reverse back on tech preference)