[Histonet] comparable eosin

Simmons, Christopher simmca at UPMC.EDU
Wed Sep 9 08:21:37 CDT 2020

We use SelecTech Eosin 515 LT for our derm lab
No complaints

________________________________
From: Histology via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:17:19 AM
To: histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] comparable eosin

Hi everyone,

We have always got our Eosin from BBC Biochemical.  Well, they were bought out by StatLab and I am trying to find a comparable Eosin from what we were using.  We used "Skin Eosin" catalog #3680 composed of:  water, denatured ethanol, eosin y, and glacial acetic acid.  I've done some searching and haven't found anything like it.  Is anyone else having this problem or have any advice?

Thanks!

Mehndi Helgren

Dominion Pathology Laboratories
733 Boush Street