[Histonet] Delays in tissue embedding after mouse tissue processing

Erickson, Jamie E jamie.erickson at abbvie.com
Wed Sep 2 12:49:31 CDT 2020

Hello All,
I have a question about effects on tissues if samples are processed but NOT embedding immediately after processing.
We deal with mostly mouse tissues and sometime samples will process over the weekend and come off on a day that no one can embed straight away.
Samples are taken out of the processor and let sit on the bench and the paraffin coated cassette tissues harden. This delay can be hours or a few days if it's a weekend/ holiday.  The samples are then placed in molten paraffin to melt and are  embedded.
We have done this with minimal problems but are wondering if some tissues like skin mouse ears  could be more difficult due to this delay. Have other lab done this delay or have seen any problems

Thank you for any though on this sticky situation...Hehe

Jamie
Jamie ericKson, MS
Scientist II
AbbVie Bioresearch Center, Inc.
Pharmacology/Pathology
100 Research Drive
Worcester, MA 01605
OFFICE    +1 508-688-3134
EMAIL  jamie.erickson at abbvie.com<mailto:jamie.erickson at abbvie.com>
This communication may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete it from his or her computer.