[Histonet] DIF in paraffin section

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 2 10:14:33 CST 2020

Manahil, we do IF on paraffin sections on occasion when kidney tissue is insufficient (and then only IgA, G, M and  K, L) or they want the markers on tissue that is only embedded in paraffin, such as kappa, Lambda for amyloid. We use at a higher concentration than for frozens (1:10 vs 1:100) and use pronase as an antigen retrieval agent.

We use the Leica Bond stainer.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center