[Histonet] UV Light in Fume Hood

Paula Keene Pierce paula at excaliburpathology.com
Thu May 14 14:12:16 CDT 2020

It will need to be UVC or UVD.
UV light works by scrabbling the DNA in bacteria, viruses, and mold. But I will also scrabble yours too.
Hospitals, airports, and other businesses are starting to use UVD robots to disinfect patient rooms and large areas with no people present at the time.
UV light can be an added way to disinfect your hood, but get one with a timer and don't turn it on until you are ready to leave for the day and no housekeeping personnel will be in the lab during its use.
Practically all of my work is shipped in and I have a UVC light in a closet and zap packages so I can open them sooner.
Some household air cleaners also have UV light incorporated into their system. OION Technologies is one brand. No commercial stake, I am just an end user of it at home.
Paula Keene Pierce, BS, HTL(ASCP)HTPresidentExcalibur Pathology, Inc.5830 N Blue Lake DriveNorman, OK 73069PH 405-759-3953http://www.excaliburpathology.com

A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. - Klingon Proverb