[Histonet] Bx Processing run

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:07:42 CDT 2020

Good morning Histopeeps:

I am reaching out to you this morning to ask for your processing protocols for your biopsies and routines.  Our department has two 25 year old VIP Tissue processors.  Prior to my arrival, the department was only using one processor at a time and running the biopsies and routine tissues together.  They were also only rotating solutions once a week even though there were close to 300 cassettes a day.

With that being said, we are now using both tissue processors and separating biopsies from routines and we rotate all solutions daily.  The specimens are put on the machines at 5:00 PM.  This is not an option.  Our biopsies finish at 5:00 AM and the routines finish at 6:30 AM.  I would like to have our biopsies finish by 3:00 AM and the routines finish by 5:00 AM.  Naturally, I do not want to compromise the quality of our tissue samples.  I would appreciate you sharing your processing protocols with me which would include solutions and time in each station.

Thank you in advance for your information.

Akemi Allison, BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
UMC El Paso, TX