[Histonet] Cutting benchmarks

Hagon, Christopher (Health) Christopher.Hagon at act.gov.au
Tue Mar 3 15:21:08 CST 2020

UNCLASSIFIED

Hello Histonetters,

Just wondering if anyone has had any benchmarks put in place in regards to blocks cut or slides produced per histotech/scientist per day? I realise that there are differing levels of complexity per block, we range from 1 slide per block to 21 one micron sections per renal block. Has any lab has WHS involved as far as Repetitive Strain Injuries are concerned?

I'm not looking for any definitive answers that I'll hold anyone to, just if anyone has expectations of maximum throughput. We have a tracking system that we can accurately see how much work each person is doing. There seem to be limits on how many cases a pathologist can report in  a day (again, varying levels of complexity) but what about for lab staff?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Chris Hagon | Senior Scientist, Anatomical Pathology
Phone: (02) 5124 2874 |  Email: christopher.hagon at act.gov.au<mailto:christopher.hagon at act.gov.au>
ACT Pathology | Canberra Health Services | ACT Government
Canberra Hospital | Building 10 Level 1 | PO Box 11, Woden ACT 2606 | health.act.gov.au