[Histonet] Lab assistant/histotech

Samantha.Golden at HCAHealthcare.com Samantha.Golden at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Jul 6 11:52:21 CDT 2020

Thank you for your input. We currently have a lab assistant but need techs to help fill in the gap. Our techs do not like this, but we all are on the same team at the end of the day and working for our patients.

Thanks again. Have a great day!

Sam

________________________________
From: Sheeder, Christopher <Christopher.Sheeder at seattlechildrens.org>
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 10:44:16 AM
To: Golden Samantha - Asheville; histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: {EXTERNAL} RE: [Histonet] Lab assistant/histotech

Hi Samantha,
I have used lab assistants throughout my career. Here is a list of duties they would perform:
Accession specimens
File blocks and slides
Clean glassware
Restock supplies
Clean work areas
Fax/scan/print reports
Answer phone
Recycle solvents
Dump tissue
Assist PA's in grossing (make cassettes/document workload)

Have a great Monday!
Chris

Christopher Sheeder, HT(ASCP)CMQIHC
AP Manager | Department of Laboratories