[Histonet] Fixed frozen non-paraffin mouse brain

Tina Van Meter tina.vanmeter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 00:02:42 CDT 2020

Hi Ed,
I have been using the 30% sucrose technique to cryoprotect animal tissue
for over 40 years without any problem. Did the tissue sink to the bottom of
the specimens jar? After sinking, I blot the excess sucrose from the tissue
on a paper towel before transfering to OCT. What is your procedure to
freeze the tissue?

Thank you,
Tina Van Meter
Scripps Research