[Histonet] Tissue processor errors, failures and what to do

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Jul 4 20:28:10 CDT 2020

Automation is a wonderful thing but it is only a replacement for what people used to do by hand.
We have incubators that can be set to 60C and we have a Rube Goldberg-ized microwave oven with
a thermal controller and relays (and the not-to-be-forgotten flyback diode) and
a K-type thermal probe covered with aluminum foil (dont try this at home, kids)
so we are ready for any incident or mishap with our cantankerous VIP5.

There is no such thing as a convenient time for it to quit but lots of times the trouble
is that it was time to change the solutions and nobody did it even though
anybody could have done it.

If there is nothing we can do to get the VIP5 going again pronto
we finish the processing by hand.
there are repair manuals for some of those machines available online
or you can call the repairman.  If you are out in Bufooee somewhere the repair
manual and the secret repair modes on the machine could be the difference between joy
and the slough of despond.

E. Wayne Johnson DVM
Enable AgTech
Beijing