[Histonet] Frozen sections: H&E and TMA questions

fred fred megaphred91 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:49:18 CDT 2020

Hi,

I'm at a new lab where we use Leica Infinity stains for our frozen H&E
stains.
I've noticed our stains are very pale and poorly differentiated. Does
anyone have experience with this particular Leica product?
Or do you guys have a recommendation for a better H&E stain kit?
At my previous job we used a very simple staining procedure that produced
excellent results.
100% EtoH, water, Mayers 3 Hematoxylin, 4 rounds of water, Eosin-Y, 4
rounds of 100% EtoH

Also, does anyone have experience making frozen TMAs?
I would be making cores out of snap frozen tissue, so I'm trying to think
of a way of extracting cores without shattering the tissue.

Thanks in advance,

Phred
Washington DC