[Histonet] Cell block preparations

Tony Reilly tonyreilly55 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 03:37:35 CST 2020

Hi Charles

A method my EM scientist used many years ago was quite simplistic and he thought it worked well.
You simply centrifuge the specimen,  add a set volume of deionised water, mix to lose the red cells, then add an equal volume of double strength normal saline to create a suspension in normal saline.
The centrifuge where the heavier uncleared cells go to the bottom of the tube.  I have to say the I have never tried this personally but if the morphology was retained for EM it must be fine for LM.
Having said that I have great respect for Tony Henwood and his method looks much more scientific.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my iPhone