[Histonet] Announcing Digital Histology – A free-use, open-access instructional package

John Bigbee john.bigbee at vcuhealth.org
Mon Jan 13 15:47:10 CST 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce our new free-use, open-access instructional package entitled Digital Histology.  The package is compatible with both PC and Mac computers and is mobile friendly.  Digital Histology can be used by a diverse group of learners and is available free of charge at https://digitalhistology.org<https://digitalhistology.org/>.

Digital Histology is organized as chapters that parallel those of most histology textbooks.  Each of the over 1600 pages contains an original, high quality image accompanied by descriptive text and selectable labels.  In addition, interactive quizzes with formative feedback accompany each chapter of Digital Histology.  A review textbook with hyperlinks to images in the main package is also included.  A brief introductory video is available here: Introduction to Digital Histology<https://youtu.be/ODsxTdKD9og>

We invite you to take a look at Digital Histology and hope you find it to be a useful teaching and learning resource.

Our best wishes,

John W. Bigbee, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology
Virginia Commonwealth University
(john.bigbee at vcuhealth.org)

Alice S. Pakurar, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Retired), Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology
Virginia Commonwealth University