[Histonet] Changing to reagent alcohol

Johnson, Carole Carole.Johnson at uchealth.org
Thu Feb 6 13:56:06 CST 2020

We have been using ethanol in our lab and would like to change to using reagent alcohol for the obvious reasons of cost and regulatory headaches. I have been tasked with creating a validation/verification process.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Or better yet, information proving that we can make the change without going through an extensive project?  Thanks!

Carole L Johnson, HT(ASCP)cm, QIHC(ASCP)cm
Histotechnologist
UCH/Memorial Central Hospital
Histology Laboratory
1400 Boulder Street
Colorado Springs, CO
O 719.365.5204
carole.johnson at uchealth.org<mailto:carole.johnson at uchealth.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential peer review, risk management, and/or quality management information pursuant to the Colorado Professional Review Act, C.R.S. 12-36.5-101, et seq., the Colorado Hospital Licensing law, C.R.S. 25-3-109, the Quality Management Programs law, C.R.S. 25-35-904, and other corresponding provisions of federal and state law.  Please maintain the strict confidentiality of this information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and delete the original message from your computer and any network to which your computer is connected.