[Histonet] Detection systems for IHC's

Joe Myers jmyers1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 16:08:05 CST 2020

Charles:
Since the literature for BioGenex’s detection reagents for their Xmatrx Infinity system (XvisTM) indicates use of an ‘enhancing’ reagent prior to application of the (tertiary) antibody/polymer/enzyme reagent, such a detection system would be defined as a ‘two-step’ method.  In contrast, Leica’s Refine reagent is a one-step reagent/method.  Generally speaking, two-step methods are usually more sensitive than one-step methods, but since I’ve not conducted a comparison of the results obtained with these quite different reagents/methods, I can’t offer any advice on which is actually ‘better’.  I hope you find this feedback useful.
Cheers,
Joe Myers, M.S., CT/QIHC(ASCP)

Message: 1