[Histonet] Question about accessioning outside consult cases

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:14:37 CST 2020

Martha, we give it the same number sequence as any other surgical or cytology case, but we can identify our cases by "Specimen Class" so consults get a specimen class according to the type of consult - cyto,  cytogyn, surgical, etc.  The specimen class is printed on the labels for all materials.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center