[Histonet] human shoulder joint fixation

M.O. modz9636 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:37:31 CDT 2020

Happy Friday, Histonetters!

I am doing some planning for a new project and wanted to get opinions on
fixation of large pieces of tissue. We will have human shoulders, where we
want to preserve the rotator cuff/joint. Cutting the tissue with a saw will
damage the soft tissue, so we were thinking that post-fixation would be
best for cutting slabs.

Does anyone have experience with fixing such large pieces of tissue? We
typically use zinc buffered formalin for fixation. Would a vacuum work or a
vacuum sealer?

Thank you for any input you might have!!!!
Sincerely,
Merissa