[Histonet] Blank spots on IHC tissues - bubbles on Bond

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Wed Aug 12 17:14:13 CDT 2020

Has anyone solved a problem on the Leica Bond stainer of bubbles over tissue sections that cause unstained (ie, clear) areas where bubbles have formed?

We've been trying things like extra buffer wash before reagent, new slide trays (tech rep suggestion). It is seen on single- antibody slides and very noticeable on dual - stain slides on which the first stain is there but the second stain shows numerous bubbles that do prevent the second stain from areas of the tissue.  We can see the bubble artifact on the slide away from tissue sections as well.

Any clues to solve this will be appreciated!
Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center